Martes, Nobyembre 26, 2013

Making Papaya Soap 3


Are you ready to find out how it turned out? 













Ta-daaah! It has a magnificent swirl! I know it isn't the prettiest, but just to give you an idea of how the soap turned out. Maybe you're wondering what those dots are? Those are the papain enzymes that weren't dissolved fully. You can avoid this by using distilled water in replacement of Vegetable Glycerin. If you don't know what I'm talking about, 
check out my previous post: Making Papaya Soap
(Here I will tackle how to make the soap additive for Papaya)

I want the effect of the undissolved papain enzyme as it also serves to be a mild exfoliator!

Just a recap:

To make the additive:
1 oz. vegetable glycerin
5 ml. Moringa extract
         Chamomile extract
2 oz. CDEA

To make my recipe:
1. Add 32 oz. Coconut Oil to your soap calculator. 
2. Make sure your superfatting level is at 5%. 

I am using Essential Depot's RED Silicone Mold and the recipe calls for 32 oz. Its just the way I like it. So the amount of oils will depend on what mold you're using. I'll talk about how you can determine how much oil you need with a mold you have. 

To make the design element:
1. Seperate soap batter into 2. 
2. On a third separate container, add 1/8 of the uncolored batter and set aside. 
• So now you have 3 portions of the batter. 
3. Color the 2 equal soap batters, orange & yellow, respectively. 
4. Pour the orange batter onto the mold as base color. 
5. Add the yellow batter in an "S" motion allowing the colors to swirl.
6. For the uncolored batter at Step 2, do as the same fashion as Step 5.



I haven't cleaned the aesthetic qualities of the soap so bare with the first outcome. :) 
This was straight from the cutter.


Hope you liked it! :)

x Soap Authority

1 komento:

  1. PLEASE HOW MUCH PAPAIN DO I ADD? HOW DO I MAKE THE MORINGA EXTRACT? IS IT FROM THE LEAVES OR FROM THE SEED?

    TumugonBurahin